The Business of God

I consider God to be quite simple. Sure, he created the world and everything in it, that's no easy task. That took some serious skill. But we're busy groping around in the dark trying to find God, trying to find ways to pray, ways to express our faith.

God seems like a multi billion pound business.

I wonder what Jesus would say if he saw all of our Christian paraphernalia.

"Dude, you don't need incense to worship me. Guy! I died on the cross, that upsets me. WTF are you eating wafers? I told you to eat bread and drink wine!".

I believe worship and prayer is very simple. God is all powerful. We don't need to do anything special to pray, we just pray. We just address God and direct our request and concern to him. Done.

All of the other things are symbols and signs. We as people like our signs. Those signs are not God. Those signs are not Jesus. They may help us to focus, but jees, do we really need to kneel in front of them? We can prostrate ourselves anywhere we are before God, though it might look a bit odd in a public place.

Jesus merely wanted us to eat and drink in remembrance of him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Upper Hand House

Liz Truss and Finances

Russia, Russia, Russia