Kick Ass 2 - Victim of Zero Publicity

I've been a little dismayed to see that Kick Ass 2 hasn't been quite as successful at the box office as it's predecessor.

It is true that nothing can hold a candle to Kick Ass, but Kick Ass 2 is still a great movie in its own right.

If the UK is anything to go by, I think the problem has been a complete lack of advertising.

Nobody I know actually knew the thing had been released. I wasn't even aware of the first Kick Ass until my brother showed it to me to be frank. When I talked about Kick Ass 2, the reaction has been "when's that out?". I've had to say it's been out three weeks!

As far as I can see, apart from Jim Carrey and a huge poster on a relatively quiet road, there's been virtually no advertising.

No wonder it's performing poorly.

Looks like it's near the end of it's run, so go see it people.

Simon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Upper Hand House

Liz Truss and Finances

Russia, Russia, Russia